Monday, January 10, 2011

WEEK 26

I am now 26+ weeks pregnant and ***** is moving so much more and getting alot stronger.  According to Babycenter.com he is around 14" long and 1.75 pounds!!!  The veggie of the week that they are comparing him to is an english hothouse cucumber! :) HEHE!  Mommy is feeling pretty good - getting her energy back for work & home. This past week we had an appointment with our midwife, Colleen, and we did our glucose screening AND - I PASSED!!  PTL!  I was a little nervous with how much I love sweets & carbs.  I am also measuring 27cm (which to me seem a little big). Colleen did not seem concerned in the slightest and stated that they are just looking for growth. And as you can see...growth is happening!




A couple nights this week I was up for 2-3 hours - but I'm learning to cope better with being tired, knowing that exhaustion will be a constant state of being for the first few months at least.  Being nasty because of lack of sleep is not going to help anyone or be good for my marriage.  God give us strength and patience thru that time!

It has taken me the past two weeks to get back on a normal diet after th holidays.  To my distain, I am up to 164 lbs. My pre-prego weight was 143, so I have gained 21 lbs already! Uggh!!  I still have about 3 months to go...and the total weight gain is supposed to be from 25-35 lbs. If I get up to the higher of the two that will bring me up to almost 180 lbs. Holy goodness, I DO NOT like that thought!!

Sigh...Matt keeps reminding me that I'm supposed to gain weight and that I am creating a healthy baby because of it.  BUT, I am definitely getting bigger and I must confess I am a little concerned about "finding" my body again after pregnancy.  Obviously the biggest concer is staying healthy and that our baby is growing and healthy.

Well, for those of you who have been persistant in mentioning that I needed to update you, I hope you enjoy reading! :)  Love you all!!

5 comments:

  1. girl, don't trip about the weight! I don't know if you remember that my doctor told me she was concerned about my weight...I was 144 when I got prego and 176 or 8 when I had Emma (absolutely would have been more if she went to term, obviously!!). My advice is not to be worried about it!! With holiday feasts and treats and not regularly working out, as of today, I'm 4 lbs away!!
    Don't you love to see your belly move around?! :)

    We are praying for sleep and all the 'fun' stuff for you guys! We know all too well all the adjusting and the growing pains you'll be going through. Thank you for sharing. I hope I'm not being a pain about posting :( I will quit and wait patiently.
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um. im in love with your belly. and seriously..you are doing GREAT on weight. I gained 60 with cassie. With samantha, I only gained 30 and lost 20 just giving birth.:)youre beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your belly is so beautiful.... and I do not see a major weight gain in the rest of your body. ;)Do not worry deary. I know you and you will be back to your starting weight before you know it.
    Blessings on this month of baby growth. :) Does his name have that many letters??? hmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for keeping us all in the loop. It helps us all to better pray for you, Matt and that little guy. Both my guys have little girls coming in the month of May. Becky is due the 15th and Amy is Due the 30th. Love you all, Aunt Glady

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww you are gorgeous and don't even look like you've gained 20 lbs. At least its for a good cause and you aren't just gaining weight, like the rest of us ;)~ You are beautiful and I can't wait to see you soon. (A. Cath, I thought the same thing....thinking of names with the same number of stars!! hehehehe)

    ReplyDelete